We're Recruiting Gamesmasters Now!
Job Title: Games Master – Part Time (c.10-15hrs/week with possible overtime)
Employer: Escape The Past Ltd
Hours: Flexible, primarily evenings & weekends
We’re on the hunt for more “Gamesmasters” to join our growing team. You will play the role of a 19th Century caretaker (costume and all!) and be responsible for consistently delivering an exceptional, immersive experience to visitors to ‘The Anatomist’ an independent historical escape room in central Edinburgh.
Your main responsibilities will include;
- Greeting participants (in character) and delivering a safety briefing and a short but dramatic introduction
- Overseeing gameplay using video and audio surveillance equipment – interjecting with clues and assistance where necessary to ensure a great experience
- Delivering a debrief at the end of each game and ensuring visitors leave on a high
- Re-setting the room carefully and promptly between groups
- Keeping the premises clean and tidy, following all Covid guidance including regularly disinfecting key surfaces
- At quieter times, you will be required to undertake a range of administrative tasks such as communicating with customers over email, responding to reviews and assisting with the management of social media pages.
- You may also be asked to undertake minor maintenance/repair tasks from time to time.
This role would suit a student or someone already in part-time employment and looking for a second source of income during evening and weekends.
- Applicants must be friendly and welcoming with great inter-personal skills, and confident enough presenting in front of a small group
- Applicants should be committed, responsible and dependable
- Applicants should have very good organisation and time management skills
- Applicants should have very good attention to detail and be able to follow instructions carefully and consistently
- Applicants should be proactive and self-motivated, able to work well on their own or as part of a small team
- Applicants should be good at anticipating and solving problems. Practical, craft and DIY skills are advantageous but not essential.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum qualification of GCSE/Standard Grade or equivalent is required
- Previous customer-facing work experience is essential
- Previous acting experience is advantageous but can be substituted with general enthusiasm and a willingness to get into character
- Previous escape room work experience is highly advantageous but not essential
Full induction and training will be provided. Successful applicants will be given preferential consideration for any full-time roles that may become available in future.
How to Apply
Think you’re just what we’re looking for? Please email your CV and a short cover letter explaining why you’re perfect for the role to:
Any questions? Just drop us an email!
Deadline for applications: 20th September 2021
Escape The Past LTD is a new escape room operator based in Edinburgh. We create truly immersive escape experiences inspired by local history. Our first room “The Anatomist” is located on the edge of Edinburgh’s old surgical district and challenges groups of up to 6 people to enter the study of a 19th Century anatomist. Teams have 1 hour to solve a series of puzzles using logic, problem-solving, teamwork and skill, as a thrilling mystery unfolds…